ADVISORY ANALYTICS ASSOCIATE | August 2016 - Present
PwC Advisory New York City, NY
Associate in the Analytics practice helping companies utilize data to make business decisions.
- Utilized SparkR and Hadoop to help a large company map together different databases with portfolio-related information, enabling them to gain better insights into their products
- Ran social events and activities for the New York Metro Analytics group, creating a better work environment
MARYLAND ALPHA CHAPTER PRESIDENT | April 2015 - May 2016
The Tau Beta Pi Association Baltimore, MD
President of the Johns Hopkins University Chapter of Tau Beta Pi for the 2015-16 school year.
- Earned an outstanding chapter award at the 2016 national convention
- Created a community for networking to allow JHU engineers to meet professionals and gain career insights
- Started a website to showcase chapter members, and began an alumni database for members to use and network
WEB ASSISTANT | August 2014 - September 2015
The Dana Center at the Wilmer Eye Institute Baltimore, MD
Web Assistant at the Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Currently working to increase site functionality for a number of groups throughout the institute.
- Reorganized and redesigned the Dana Center website
- Used human-centered design approaches to create various websites for clinical studies
ADVISORY ANALYTICS INTERN | June 2015 - August 2015
PwC Advisory New York City, NY
Intern for the Analytics consulting practice.
- Utilized programming and machine learning background to write algorithms and software for an internal and client team
- Organized presentation session for Analytics interns, and presented personal background and internship work to the New York Analytics practice
TRACY T. LEFTEROFF INTERN | June 2014 - August 2014
Fogarty Institute for Innovation Mountain View, CA
Internship with Materna Medical, a startup company at the Fogarty Institute for Innovation working to prevent childbirth related injuries.
- Designed and developed a new website to be used as a reference for women looking to participate in Materna's clinical trials (site was taken down after enrollment period)
- Verified Materna device effectiveness and began builds to be used in future clinical trials
STUDENT RESEARCHER | January 2013 - May 2014
Kennedry Krieger Neuroscience Baltimore, MD
Looking at the effects of lipopolysaccharides (LPS) on in utero mice. Analyzing EEG's through quantitative sleep scoring and using MATLAB and R Programming to perform sleep power analysis. Also looking at the EEG's of young children to define a better quantitative approach to developmental sleep analysis.
- Was first author on paper describing significant sleep alterations in adult mice following in utero inflammation (click to view publications)
- Analyzed big data to create usable mathematical sleep models
RESEARCH INTERN | May 2013 - August 2013
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Philadelphia, PA
Intern at the Center for Autism Research (CAR). Aided Research Assistants and clinicians in fMRI analysis using FMRIB Software Library (FSL) and Advanced Normalization Tools (ANTs). Prepared simulations to determine the effects of different reward types on adults and children with and without Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD).
- Learned three-stage fMRI analysis and researched brain extraction algorithms to develop better method for fMRI preprocessing
- Wrote code to control NE-500 OEM Syringe Pump to be used for reward processing experiments